Friday, September 9, 2011

Starting over again.

It's 9th of September, 2011 today. I have noticed whilst creating this website that I registered my blogging account in Jan 2010. I honestly didn't realise it has been nearly TWO years since I made the decision to start an investment management blog, which came to nothing because I haven't made any smart investment decisions in money since then. In fact, I haven't really made any smart decisions, period!

So as I sit here in my brother's apartment this muggy afternoon contemplating my life, I realised one of the most constant thing in my life is starting over; be it staring a new home, new school, new job, new relationship, new aspiration, new hobby, new book, new painting, and so on. I can't seem to stick to anything and see it through to the end and it seems to have gotten worst over the past year. Why is that? I would love for someone to tell me.

The last couple of months has been a restless one, where I have been plagued by a growing anxiety to leave the current life I am living now, to seek a simpler life, and to be like everyone else. Sometimes, I yearn for the life I had 7 years ago, but at the same time I do not want to go about life in the same short-sighted, irresponsible manner.

I can feel in my bones that it is time to put into action drastic changes in my life. It is time to start over again. As I draft my escape strategy, for the first time in my life, I am worried about the repercussions.

No comments:

Post a Comment